The Purchase Officer/Procurement officer would be responsible for managing, supervising, planning and directing the purchasing function for the company ensuring all materials are delivered on time for production. This individual would manage the Storekeepers to ensure that the procurement function performs within the company guidelines.
• Maintain all relevant customer documents and agreements
• Keep and maintain updated customer agreements
• Initiate all purchase orders for material and product acquisition
• Maintain procurement records such as items purchased, cost, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories
• Stock management of both raw, wrap and finished product
• Manage and implement the business policies and procedures
• Set up vendor assessment criteria
• Source the best vendors for the business and set up agreements to become preferred suppliers
• Set up a preferred supplier list with formal agreements in place covering payments, supply, service, quality, reliability, availability, capability and terms
• Negotiate all vendor contracts to ensure best price and service obtained
• Audit compliance of all vendors every quarter
• Evaluates all vendor quotes against set criteria, both technical and commercially
• Monitor and track the price of commodities and critical materials and alert management when parameters are exceeded
• Ensure all local and international laws are abides by
• Analyse and calculate safety stock in conjunction with the Plant manager, and ensure that the minimum raw materials are maintained at all times
• Manage expenditure & consumable / raw material usages
• Supervise material stores, check handling, storage and dispatch.
• Receive discrepancy reports, take actions to repair or replace damaged, unspecified, and or short delivered material raising from the revision to material delivered on project site by stores personnel
• Supervise and arrange for insurance policies, inspections, and claims
• Ensure he operates within the Quality System
Minimum Training and Experience
Graduate with 3-5 years relevant procurement experience.
Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Strong negotiation and communication skills
Good organizing, analytical and planning skills.
Strong business acumen
Computer Literate (MS Office, Excel
Nationality : Any
Salary : 4000-5000.